Mission: To provide the highest quality of music therapy services to older adults with dementia. To help professionals and family members connect with their residents and loved ones through meaningful, interactive music programs.
Company History: Melisma Music Therapy Services, LLC was founded in 2008 by board-certified music therapist Katherine Lindberg. Kathy received her BA in Music Therapy from The College of Wooster, in Wooster, OH and completed her clinical internship training at Forbes Health Center in Pittsburgh, PA. During that time she worked with older adults, psychiatric children and adults, those with developmental delays and mental retardation and those who were terminally ill.
Kathy began practicing music therapy in 1991. During her career she has helped a wide variety of individuals better themselves and their lives through music. Populations with which Kathy has worked include trauma survivors, autistic children, the mentally retarded and developmentally delayed (MRDD), and traumatic brain injury patients (TBI). She currently works with older adults including those living with dementia, Alzheimer’s Disease.
Core Values: Kathy founded her company on the following values:
- Older adults and those with dementia are valuable members of society
- Music reaches the deepest parts of our spirit
- Older adults and those with dementia can contribute to the world
- Those with Alzheimer’s have a vibrant, creative spirit within them
- Music has the ability to heal
- Music therapy improves quality of life for those with physical, cognitive, emotional, and spiritual challenges