Part two of a seven part series to celebrate National Nursing Home Week, May 14-20, 2017. This year’s theme: Spirit of America. What is more American than apple pie? Use these songs about apples and apple pie in the following activities:
Name That Tune
Sing-along and rhythm band
1. I’ll Be with You in Apple Blossom Time
2. Don’t Sit Under the Apple Tree
3. Shoo Fly Pie and Apple Pan Dowdy
4. In the Shade of the Old Apple Tree
5. Ida Sweet As Apple Cider
6. Little Green Apples
7. Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White
8. (Ah, The Apple Trees) When the World Was Young
9. One Bad Apple
10. If You Don’t Like My Apples
Suggestions for each activity:
Name That Tune: Play a portion of each song and ask residents to identify the title and/or artist for each song. If you have a large group, divide them into teams and keep score.
Music Bingo: Create Bingo cards using the titles, artists or a combination of the songs above. Play each song in place of calling out bingo numbers/letters.